Tuesday, January 27, 2009

5 comments 1:25 AM

She's getting MARRIED!!!

Posted by Joie - Filed under ,
Got a SMS just a while ago...one of my best girl friends ( a classmate from college ) is tying the knot with her boyfriend of two years this coming July (the guy is also one of my former college classmate ). I was not that shocked since my friend Nece has already told me about their plans on getting married. What surprised me is that I never expected it to be this early. She is not pregnant or anything, they just want to tie the knot.
It has been two years since we graduated from college. Some of us passed the board examinations a year ago, others re-took the exam, and mostly all of us are busy with our works and new found careers. Some are staying here and some outside the country. But in totality, I think most us are enjoying their lives as much as they could.
I have nothing against getting married at an early age. If love is true, why not settle down. Even myself have taught of getting married, I have asked my boyfriend several times on when he plans to marry me, or if he has plans of doing so, ( yah, I should have not did that, but were still an item so I guess I did nothing wrong). But now, after hearing the news, I'm having doubts if I would give a yes as an answer to my boy if he asked me formally to marry him now. Maybe its just pre-marriage jitters, or something else, but having realized all the things I would give up ( if there's any ) and all the things I need to prepare myself with before getting married, I'm having second thoughts on getting married right now.
i would just assume that I'm not emotionally prepared yet for settling down, and my friend Nece already is. but above everything else, I wish her happiness. I hope and pray for a beautiful and peaceful life ahead for her and her future family. I'll kick her boyfriend's back if he fool's around. (hiya!)

5 comments:

nana said...

hi i'm from mylot! :D
congratulations to your friend!

Joie said...

thanks..your profile picture is so cute.

Unknown said...

Married life is not a joke. One must be prepared emotionally and financially. Good luck.

Unknown said...

By the way, I meet you in mylot. You commented on my posting about my badge in associated content.

Joie said...

hi there lets..thanks for finding time to visit my blog..
hoping to see more of you in my blog and in mylot..

Post a Comment