Thursday, August 13, 2009

4 comments 8:20 PM

Can't Wait For Summer

Posted by Joie - Filed under , , , ,
Summer is still 6 months away from now, but I can't help but get excited to visit the beach again.
Last summer due to the unpredictable weather, we were unable to go the beach. My boyfiend and I, together with my siblings went to a new resort in our place. It was a fun experience. On our first visit to the resort, I was with my boyfriend, brother and cousin. My cousin need to learn how to swim because she would be having swimming as her lesson in PE. My younger brother claims he knows how to swim, but lo and behold, he doesn't. I really laughed hard when he was shouting for help ( " ate , ate, intayin mo ako ) when he had cramps. It was hilarious. I was like ( ayan, ang yabang yabang mo, kinisig ka lang, kala mo mamatay ka na) your so proud and then here you go screaming as if your going to die because of cramps. My boyfriend ,cousin and I laughed hard at him. Later the day, my boyfriend and I taught the kids how to float. I don't know how to breathe underwater but I took up swimming lessons in college so I was able to teach them the basic breathing and floating exercises. My brother was so happy to learn the turtle float.

Our next trip to the place was together with my father, my cousins dad and the family of my other brother. We even brought along my 1 year old niece. She even had a swimsuit for the trip. The kid really enjoyed the day. She would sneak to drink water in the pool. She taught it was a funny thing to do since I was scolding her everytime she does it. The two teenagers, my youngest brother and cousin practiced the basic swimming techniques they have learned.
Hopefully next year, if the weather would be better and if the budget permits, we would be able to visit a beach for the summer. If not, we would gladly spend the day swimming at the local resort near our place.

Just wanna share a few pictures of my niece in her swimsuit.



4 comments:

Brienne said...

You got a nice blog, by the way I am one of your followers. If you have some time to spare please visit my blog http://prematureprogress.blogspot.com

Joie said...

thanks for dropping by brienne.. i will start to follow your blog too...

mimpi said...

Hugs to the kids. Enjoy your trip. My trip next will be to Dubai on 23AUG.

Huggles
mimpi

marvic said...

nice kid..

Post a Comment